20 April 2014

Worth the hype? Revlon Balm stains

Hi guys!

So I'm starting this series 'Worth the hype?'. Being interested in beauty products, there are lots of things that are talked about and praised by youtubers and bloggers. Some worth talking about, and others that are not. This series is going to be about just that. My opinion on the many hyped up products. So to start off, the infamous Revlon balm thingos. Yes I can't be bothered to call them by their full name as it's super long and quite a tongue twister. 

Top two: Colorburst Matte Balm 
Bottom two: Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain

245 Audacious

240 Striking

001 Honey

010 Darling

Top to bottom: Audacious, Striking, Honey, Darling

Out of the two ranges, I absolutely love the matte balms! Their super pigmented, last longer than a normal lipstick, and I find that the pointed tip allows better precision when applying it on your lips. The balm stains do stain the lips but they don't last as long as had hoped; a good 4-5 hours and the colour is pretty much gone after that, though they do last even after eating and drinking. They all have the minty scent which I really like.

There really isn't anything that I don't like about them (maybe except the price, though Australia always has it worse off when it comes to beauty products). They are a great product for those that are just getting into make-up or those that just love make-up. Some of my friends that aren't really into make-up have these and use it regularly. 

Have you tried these before? Which are you r favourite colours?

1 comment:

  1. Gotta admit, the prices in australia for these are crazy! I tend to only purchase revlon's balm stains when it's 50% at chemist warehouse, despite being in love with these. My favourite one is definitely lovesick, but I really want to try the new lacquer balms they have. Hopefully I can get my hand on those soon.

    http://meetthebff.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete