3 February 2013

Products I regret buying

If you're into makeup and you buy makeup regularly, you will know that there will be things that you just don't like. Here are some of the things that unfortunately didn't work with me, with a mini review.

The Body Shop Lip and Cheek Dome


They have this orange shade and also a light pink shade. I bought this on a whim and man do I regret it. The colour itself is really pretty but it's really hard to use. I have used this directly on my face and it removes all the makeup underneath and all of the face makeup ends up on the dome itself. I've tried this by using my fingers to apply this and nothing ends up on my cheeks. I would have to put a million layers for the colour to be the way I want it and even then, the product itself doesn't last long even with setting it. 

Mabelline Lipstick in 025 Pink Please


This was my first ever lipstick that I bought and I decided to get this shade because many Youtubers were raving about this shade. Many said that this was a really good quality lipstick and would suit all skintones. To  me, it was quite the opposite. Once I put this on it washed me out, making me look lifeless. I've tried using a tiny bit on my lips, to using it like how you normally put lipstick, and it still didn't work for me. 

Innoxa Summer Matte Collection Lipstick in Nude


This is a nude/pink matte lipstick and again, this did not work for me at all. It was extremely drying and was quite hard to apply since it isn't very creamy. Overall I just don't like this lipstick.

Revlon Colorstay Mineral Blush in 030 Roseberry
(excuse the dirty packaging. If you shop at Priceline, you will know how I feel)


The colour is nice but isn't very pigmented at all. I would need to layer this a few times for the product to show. Even though it's part of the Colorstay line, this doesn't last very long on the cheeks (maybe 3 hours or so). Wouldn't recommend this product as it is quite expensive. 

The Face Shop Hydro Splash B.B Cream

I've reviewed this previously and my thoughts still stands. It has a strong grey colour to it and just isn't a very good product, and quite honestly, I can't imagine this product working on anyone. For a more in dept review, click here.

If you have tried any of these products, let me know how you thought of them. Are there any products you don't like?

6 comments:

  1. I very rarely go for light pink/nude lipsticks as they always seem to make me look dead! I know Revlon do great face and lip products but I often hear negative things abou the blushes. Maybe they need to work on that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lipsticks can be tricky, but with enough trial and testing you will find a good nude!
    the face shop isnt really known for their bb creams; youre better off trying missha or holika holika :)

    xo; L&M
    www.twoplicates.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've wanted to try Pink Please for a while now but yeah, I wasn't sure if it would look good on me as it looks on others x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! ^_^ I remember if I'm not wrong Michelle Phan loves Pink Please as well and I was also curious how it looks like. I think pink lips dont suit my complexion really well so it's still the shade I avoid.. huhu :'-(
    xx, Indira from cherietmoi

    ReplyDelete
  5. these all look like very pretty neutral pinks :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really do feel and understand why The Body Shop Lip and Cheek Dome doesn't seem to work. It seems like almost all beauty companies are cashing in on the "1 product 2 uses" logic lately. Personally, I would rather have 2 separate products for the lip and cheek respectively. And also, I was considering on whether to get the lip and cheek dome from The Body Shop too. Glad I saw your mini review on it or I would have wasted money too. Although I am guessing that the lip and cheek dome might be good for someone who isn't into makeup, hence making it easier to apply without your makeup coming off onto the dome itself :)

    Sincerely,
    Pu Niao

    Chopsticks (http://sexybluemame.blogspot.sg/)
    Pu Niao's Beauty Junkie Reviews (http://puniaogoodies.blogspot.sg/)

    ReplyDelete