17 October 2012

First Impressions: Illamasqua

Hi guys!

So I literally just came back from the city and I wanted to share with you all my first impressions of Illamasqua. I've always been really interested in their products and since they have put down their prices in Australia, I though to myself "why not try out their products?"

Good points:
I swatched a few blushes and foundations and they are sooooo pigmented! I was so excited about it I decided to buy a blush and foundation.








I'm really happy with my purchases and can't wait to experiment with them!

Bad points:
oh boy...

I wasn't sure which shade to get the foundation so I asked the assistant that was there. She was really nice and helpful. She applied some products on my skin... and that's when it all happened.

She started applying the primer- it was ok 
Then she applied the foundation- that's when I had a bad feeling in my gut.

She pumped a HUGE amount on the brush and started to apply it on my face. The process of application was ok, but then she started to apply foundation on my lips... WTH?? My lips felt dry and chapped today and applying a thick layer of foundation over them wasn't going to make it any better. After she was done, I saw my face become this hot pile of CAKE FACE!! My face didn't feel heavy or dry at all, but my skin looked sooooo dry and cakey! I didn't take any pictures because the pictures wouldn't be a proper representation of how my face really was.

Then she applied the blush that I purchased along with another blush that was hot pink with glitters in it. I looked in the mirror to see my self looking like a drag queen! NO JOKE!! I didn't want to be rude so I just said that the colour was "nice". 

The last part was putting gloss on my lips. She applied WAY TOO MUCH gloss on the brush and all of the product just went on my lips. The colour was a light pink but since I had foundation on my lips, I literally looked dead!! Because she put too much on my lips, it felt super sticky and gross and of course, migrated so that most of the product ended up on my teeth! 

After I payed for the products, the first thing I did was find a toilet to fix up my face. T_T

If you couldn't tell, I'm very unhappy from this experience! I'm sure all of the products that was on my face today is great quality, just the assistant wasn't very "good" at putting the make-up on my face. I honestly don't think I'm able to trust a stranger with putting on my make-up anymore. I know my skin type and I know how I want my make-up to look. And I'm sure that no-one else in the world wants to have a cake face, now do they?

5 comments:

  1. Such a shame you had a bad experience. I went to illamasqua in Melb myer and picked up the same foundation as you. The girl who put it on me was really good. My face didnt look cakey at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a shame you had a bad experience. :c The products looked pretty good though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't anyone to do my make-up! They will over-do! I know from experience haha several times in stores, friends and family. Despite that, it seems like the products were good since you bought it ^0^ I love the blush and it seems to be matte right? I am obsessed with matte make-up nowadays.

    Followed you~
    Love, Sally
    www.esohlee.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh gosh! I hate it when that happens >,< I once went into a Sephora and this guy randomly asked to do my make up and it turned out like cake face too T.T
    Terrible~

    Anyhow, love your blog! Following<3

    xoxo
    EV
    eviiarty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's good to hear that they lowered their prices there, I know Australia has unfairly priced cosmetics sometimes. I've always wanted to try Illamasqua because they have such a great color range. Do you think you'll return/exchange the foundation or keep it and try to make it work?

    -Monica
    http://lemonpetit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete