18 July 2012

Nails of the week

Hi guys!

With my growing obsession with polishes, I thought it would better if I made it a weekly thing; to show what I'm wearing and what I think of them. So, here's the first one!

The Face Shop Lovely ME:EX in PK109

I've used quite a few nail polishes from The Face Shop and I've realised that some of the colours have different formulas and have different effects. This polish is unfortunately on the crappy end of the spectrum. I love this colour; a darkened baby pink, not too cool toned and not to warm. The first 2 layers were ok, but as I added another layer, it ended up really streaky and for some reason, I felt that the formula itself became thicker. It needs at least 3 coats for this to have you nails fully covered with no streaky areas.

What I've found with all of their polishes is that they take FOREVER to dry. What I do to make my polishes dry faster is after I've applied the polish the way I want it, I wait for it surface to dry (5-10 minutes) and wait another half an hour just in case it hasn't dried properly, then I leave my nails in cold water for about 2 minutes. I do this 2-4 times throughout the day just in case I go to sleep and wake up getting weird prints on my nails (which use to happen to me ALOT). 

 The colour itself is a bit darker than how it looks in the bottle, but it's still quite a flattering colour. 


Rating: 3/5


Overall the colour is great, but the formula of the polish needs to improve. I'll mention the lasting effects of the polish in my next post. Until then, please become a follower and keep a look out for more product reviews! ^_^

2 comments:

  1. I've never tried The Face Shop products but I do love the colour of that nail polish^^ X

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have this nail polish :D i must say the formula is a big dissapointment though :(

    ReplyDelete